Rather than add my voice to the already crowded room of “experts” pontificating about the markets, I am going to counsel you to use this opportunity to closely reexamine your investment strategy and portfolio. In 2007, the last time markets were near current levels, most did not consider the risks in their strategy and suffered mightily during the 2008 meltdown. So do it now, while markets are strong and you are not so afraid anymore. Doing so, will allow you to confirm you are allocated prudently and allow you to make needed adjustments from a position of strength. Ask yourself, is my current portfolio:
- appropriate for my investment timeframe?
- well positioned within my overall balance sheet?
- positioned to move me closer to my goals?
- overly exposed to market downturns?
- employing “air bags” to help protect against major market downturns?
- If not, should it be?
- diversified globally in a wide range of asset classes?
Answering these questions now, while markets are strong, should be part of your prudent process to consistently fine-tune your overall financial strategy.
Want help? Let’s talk. Together we can work through our Invest Wise process to answer these questions and help you to make smart financial decisions that serve you and your family.